Today this runnerchick has a special treat for you! I’m so excited to share with you this blog’s very first guest blogger, Stephanie from Steph’s Miles! Check out this girl’s awesome blog; I instantly loved her because she’s not only miles obsessed like me but a bona-fide Disney freak too! Even better she’s got me completely beat in the cooking department…for once this blog will actually give you a recipe you’ll WANT to devour after you get your run on. So without further adieu…here’s Steph!
Steph’s Miles Recipe: Healthy Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Hi there! My name is Stephanie and I blog over at Steph’s Miles. Thanks to Cait for sharing her blog. I just started my blog recently out of my interest in the fitness world and in other bloggers out there sharing their stories. I thought it was time to share mine too!
Now I’m not meeting any professional standards like Cait. I run for fun, for the endorphins and to create physical goals for myself. I ran two half marathons this year – the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February and the Rock n Roll Latin Music Miami Beach Half this past Sunday! My feet are still yelling at me as I type this.
But I’m not over here to talk about running. I’m here to share an amazing recipe with you guys! This meal gets rave reviews from friends and family members alike and is a constant repeat at my table. It’s also super easy to make, so you can come back from a work out and make them stat. Oh, and did I mention there is a ton of protein in these babies?
- 1 lb. (1 container) of extra lean ground chicken breast
(I use Purdue)
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
(I use Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce & Marinade)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
Optional for toppings:
Extra buffalo marinade
Light ranch dressing
- Open package of ground chicken and place in bowl.
- Mix buffalo sauce, Parmesan and breadcrumbs and other seasonings into the ground chicken in the bowl. Mix with your hands or a fork to ensure all ingredients are distributed evenly. Mix in cheese last into the patties with the cheese evenly spread among the patties.
- Form four evenly sized patties and place on a plate.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on stovetop or spray with cooking spray.
- Place all patties on skillet and let sizzle and cook six to seven minutes on one side.
- Flip patties and cook remaining side for five minutes.
- Once the burgers are fully cooked, place on buns to serve and top with desired condiments.
I like to mix all the ingredients with my hands, just to make sure everything is distributed evenly. The ground chicken is so cold when it comes right out of the fridge! I make sure to wash my hands thoroughly each time I’m touching the raw chicken.
Make sure to be patient when your burgers cook. I am a very impatient person and if I flip the burgers too early they have a potential to break apart a little bit or may be cooked unevenly. You may also cook on the grill too if you are a pro griller.
I can’t describe how good the burgers taste and I’m not even a fan of buffalo wings or the sauce itself! The sauce makes the chicken so moist and flavorful. They also have a little kick, too! I leave dinner full and satisfied each time I eat them. The amount of protein it provides is perfect after a long run on the weekend. Serve them with fries, coleslaw or a roasted vegetable on the side.
Thank you again Cait for hosting me on your blog!
What’s your favorite go-to meal to make in the kitchen?
Thank you so very much for hopping by my blog, Steph. And I appreciate you also letting me hog up some space over at your own blog today. 😉